Thursday, February 18, 2010

Impacts

I have a bunch of pictures to post of the day's activities but quite honestly I am too exhausted to post now. I wanted to jot down some of the reflections I have had today while conversing with my dear Kerilyn in Austin, TX. I am so amazed at all of the wonderful support we have received from so many "all weather" friends, but my biggest amazement is at the support from those who know Spencer personally. In his short 7 years he has impacted so many people with his big spirit, funny personality, giving heart, old soul and crazy hair! Not only just friends of mine, or friends of Nate's have joined together to share our heartache, but friends of Spencer. How lucky I am to be the mother of this boy who has joined so many hands to prayer, and so many hearts to pleading. The world is truly made up of wonderful people.

2 comments:

  1. The world is still full of wonderful people. Our experience with cancer has taught me that. They have come out of the woodwork. There is such power in the combined prayers of an army of people, some even strangers! It makes miracles happen! You need to take care of your self too Holly. Get some rest. You're going to have to learn how to juggle this new life with the existing one, and be flexible. The juggling act changes constantly! Love and prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry for you guys and your little Spencer everytime I read your blog. I am so impressed by your ability to be positive, despite going through a terrible trial. Remember that it is ok to cry - just like we tell our moms at work when sadness comes - and what a blessing to have so many great and close friends around you. You're in my thoughts and prayers and I added you to the prayer roll at the temple.

    ReplyDelete