Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm A Real Boy!

The Monday evening before we started chemo we decided to have a night of fun and friends. Melanie, the kids and I decided to go out for an evening of bowling and pizza. Spencer had been feeling awful all day and I didn't know if we were going to make it there but he had so much fun. He ordered chili cheese fries and ate a ton of them. He bowled and he "half smiled". David and Betsy took great care of Spence and Byron and Ryan took great care of Isabelle (should I be worried?)! We are so lucky to have this great family in our lives. For those of you who do not know Betsy, well, all I can say is, I am sorry that you don't. This little girl has a story of her own, and can brighten anybody's day. And let me tell you she brightens Spencer's every time she is around. Betsy was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when she was four years old and understands adversity. She and Spence first met in kindergarten and have been best of friends ever since. It is like their souls are best friends. The odds of "betrothed children" really getting married are low but I wouldn't put it past these two, and if they don't it will only be because some lucky guy may snatch her up while Spence is on an LDS mission. I think Spencer's heart will always belong to Betsy Rae. Thanks guys for making Spence feel like a "real boy" for the evening. When we were done I took Belle and Spence to In-N-Out for strawberry shakes. You know I think the Lord knew to put In-N-Out here in Utah at this time for us! It is a temporary fix for sadness! (I don't know what kind of face Belle is making in the shake picture, silly girl).












2 comments:

  1. My guess on Belle's expression is "BRAIN fREEZE"

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness, The tears are flowing. We too love the Ausbornes. Betsy is an Old Soul. She just gets it. Spencer better snatch her up.. don't know if there is another girl half as wonderful as Betsy. And wouldn't Josh and Melanie be the best in-laws?! (Love your hair Melanie)

    ReplyDelete