Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Punching Bag

I was told last night that I "needed" to try Dunford Donuts. We got out of the house a little early this morning so I thought I would take him to get a donut. He chose the green sprinkle one. His hair is so thin, and he is so angry. He will not let us shave it yet. It is really hard to describe the emotions we are all going through. Nate last night was kind of struggling and said "sometimes I think this world just totally sucks." I have been trying so hard this week to stay positive and it is hard when Spence is going through an angry phase. Because I am the only one with him all day long he takes it out on me. Maybe not "on me" but "at me". I don't blame him. I just wish I could take it away from him. He is angry that his hair is falling out. I have been trying to compensate by fulfilling his every wish. He yells, he cries, I cry. I wish I could take it all away from him. There is a little boy here in clinic today and all of the staff just went into his room and celebrated because today is his last day of chemo. OH to be the last day of chemo. I cannot wait until we can move on from this strength and faith building trial and begin to live an almost normal life. For now, I am trying to come up with every idea I can to ease the anger of my sweet boy.




5 comments:

  1. Dunford Donuts is a good start :) I am so sorry for both of your pain. I wish I could take away all the worlds hurts sometimes. Please know you are never alone in this battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me. My brother jas is friends with nate. I just want you to know that we are praying for your sweet little family. I found a quote that I had put in my scriptures along time ago and I thought of you."turn your lives to God and He will strengthen your muscles,lift your spirits,multiply your blessings,comfort your soul,and pour out peace" I pray that you will see the tender Mercies that the Lord has for you as He sees your little family through this trial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our thoughts and prayers are with Spencer and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying and praying and praying for your family. I look forward to reading your posts everyday. We are cheering for Spencer!!!! Lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not met you yet, but while checking one of my friends (B.Vincent) blogs, she posted some info about the benefit coming up for Spencer. I say I haven't met you yet, because I am a nurse at PCMC. I work in the oncology clinic, as well as on ICS. I actually have worked the last few days but it looks like I did not get to meet you yet. You will make it through this, and you will get to the point where we sing to Spencer about his last chemo. I see this every day, but I still do not have any idea how gut wrenching and scary this must be as a mom. But, we will be there to help, along with all of your family and friends and I am sure so many people you don't even know yet. But, will make it through this.

    ReplyDelete