Friday, March 19, 2010

Improvements

Potentially good news! The chief resident came and talked to us today and said right now things look good for his discharge tomorrow morning. We are trying to stabilize his electrolytes, which she thinks can be handled by the morning. He is getting a blood transfusion today, because his Hct is low and they believe that will lower his heart rate and fix a lot of the things. Transfusions are usually an outpatient procedure so doing this should not affect our discharge. I am hoping to see a lot of improvements from it! His feedings seem to be going pretty well now that they changed his tube into his Jejunum. His ANC and PLTS have actually gone up a bit and his tummy pain is subsiding. Things are looking up for his appearance at the "event" but we still need prayers! Every prayer helps!

7 comments:

  1. Our family loves you Spencer we pray for you every night I hope that your condition improves even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this very personal experience with all of us. I don't know how you find the time with evrything you're going through to share your experience with us.

    It helps so much put life in perspective, to show us how precious it really is. I was so depressed today; I was feeling like all I do is chores and errands. Now I realize that it is a luxury, to be able to spend the time with my family and be home.

    Please know that there are so many people whom you don't know, but feel they know you and pray for your family every night.

    I know that many years from now you and Spencer will look back and not even be able to recall this experience without this blog.

    You are absolutely amazing, I cannot imagine that I would be as strong if I were in your shoes. Stay strong, and now that every minute of the day people are sending silent prayers for you.

    Your family will make it through this stronger than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck buddy, we are praying, hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers being said that Spencer will continue to improve and that you can be discharged tomorrow. Sending you prayers and hugs from Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, I so appreciate you blogging about your family's experience. I learn so much from you and your family. Your strength and faith amaze me! Your family is in my prayers. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not know you or your family but I am so touched by your story. Spencer and your family are in my prayers. Thank you for sharing your personal story. I think about you every day. HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a talent for writting.
    Thanks for sharing your LIFE with us!

    ReplyDelete