Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Breathing

Last night was a little hellish. We finally got settled in the PICU around 3:00 a.m. Then I find out that they kick parents out for an hour twice a day for shift change, so really, there was not much sleep last night, literally. The CT scans showed Typhlitis, which is an inflammation of the Cecum, part of the large intestine. In short, an inflammation of the colon. It is common in cancer patients after harsh chemo treatments. They started him on two new antibiotics and FINALLY after 6 days of fevers they broke this morning! He looks much better. I am so thankful for all of your prayers. I am breathing much better today. It has been an emotional week for all of us. Maybe I will get some pictures up in the next post!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through a friend of mine. I'm impressed by your strength. I'm a mom of 2 little ones and my heart breaks for what you, your family, and Spencer are going through. Just know that there is one more momma praying for your little one.
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete