Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Cancer Baby (NO it is not what you are thinking)

I AM SOOOO SORRY! I didn't fall off the face of the planet. I have been EXTREMELY busy. I still have tons going on but I will work on pumping some posts out! I have been working on some blogs in my head and hope to get them here soon. Today I wanted to finally blog on what we are calling "the cancer baby". NO NO NO. It is not a real baby. I am not pregnant (Heaven knows I am not THAT crazy!). What I mean is that 9 months ago on Tuesday, November 2nd Spencer was diagnosed with Rhadbdomyosarcoma. NINE MONTHS AGO! We could have been pregnant and had a baby in this time frame of insanity. It is our cancer baby. Pregnancy is LONG, but let me tell you being "pregnant" with cancer is a whole heck of a lot longer and I never thought we would get to this point. I can actually see the finish line from here. I am not even standing on top of the mountain any more I can see it straight ahead. There may be a few more obstacles to dodge before we get there but we will get there! We have chemo today. Just a clinic chemo. His ANC is great but his platelets are low. I am almost certain they will transfuse today because they are so low. We need to take off but I will work on some more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment