Saturday, November 6, 2010

Abundance

I know it is late. I am extremely tired but I feel like I would be totally ungrateful if I did not mention a handful of things in my heart. Things that need to be blogged. First off, I am sooooooooooo thankful for my girlfriends. I have been abundantly blessed with incredible friends. Friends who you can laugh with, cry with, stay up late with. Friends who listen and friends who do not judge. One of the many blessings I received when marrying Nate was wonderful friends. All of Nate's best friends from high school and college ended up marrying exceptional woman and I love them all so deeply. We were able to get together for a girls night tonight. After dinner four of us were able to talk and laugh and cry. It has always been like that for us. I think we were friends long before this life and it feels so comfortable, so refreshing to be with them. Every single one of these woman has touched my life more deeply than they will ever know. Thank you for tonight girls, it was just what I needed.
I would also like to touch on the fact that people are good. There are definitely exceptions out there but there is so much good in the world. Sometimes it is hard to find it but we have been lucky enough to see it. At dinner tonight I was able to meet a friend of a friend who has become special to our family. I won't go into the details right now but she and her family have made some awesome sacrifices to support our family during our crazy trial. How wonderful it is to associate with and be in the presence of such wonderful people. Last week a woman came up to me in Walmart with tears in her eyes and told me she reads our blog. Spence was with me and so she recognized us. It meant so much to me to have her come over to us and hug me and let us know. I am so thankful for all of you good people out there. I am so lucky to have you in my life.
And the last thing I would like to touch on is my gratitude for my own trials. I am so thankful that I don't have anyone else's trials. I am thankful that the Lord has personalized these for me. That He knows what I can handle. We all have trials. Never underestimate the baggage of those around you. Even your friends. It is so important to be kind to all those around you because you never know what burdens they carry. We can learn so much from eachother

1 comment:

  1. 'In spite of everything I still believe people are really good at heart.' Anne Frank

    ReplyDelete