Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Home

Today was filled with glimpses of an old life, a chaotic bliss. Scrubbing my house, crying babies, wiping bums, making lunch and dinner. Sigh. My real life. My happiness. At the end of the afternoon, as the evening was setting in and as I was stirring the sauce to my stroganoff, I was listening to Home by Michael Buble and I had the feeling of missing "home". "May be surrounded by A million people I Still feel all alone I just wanna go home Oh, I miss you, you know" This is how I feel currently. It almost doesn't matter how many people we are surrounded by at the moment I just miss my babies. I miss my husband. I miss homework, and being a busy room parent. I want to go home. It has been a Michael Buble kind of day for me. I woke up with Feeling Good and it helped me approach the day with a positive attitude. Spence slept until 1130 and felt great and had a pretty good day. He had a moment of nausea, fell asleep and woke up as his funny, sarcastic self! It makes me happy to have these kind of days. We opened the curtains, the windows and let the sunshine and fresh air into our lives. Something we have been missing. I cannot even describe how much I love this kid, all of them. It almost hurts to think about the intensity. I had a visit from some of my most wonderful friends, one delivering dinner the other with a big fat diet Dr. Pepper. I am the luckiest girl alive, to have these other girls in my life. We then had some friends come over and we enjoyed an evening with conversation and Chuck, oh and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Nate and Spencer are now having boy time, staying up late and playing video games. It was a most wonderfully normal day!

1 comment:

  1. These "normal days" are so special. Even when he is done with treatment being a "normal" family has new meaning and makes you never take a moment for granted. I video tape everything now! So glad he is doing well!

    ReplyDelete