Monday, May 24, 2010

Aging

I know. I know. This is the most sporadic my blogging has ever been. Let me tell ya, I am totally still trying to recover from our 8 day hospital stay last week. That last visit killed me! I also misplaced my usb cord for my digital camera, and have not had the energy to search for it. I have some pictures from this last weekend that I really do need to post. I will try to get on that this week! I was looking through some of our pictures and I couldn't believe how much Spencer has aged. I look at myself in the mirror and see dark circles, gray hairs, and even some wrinkles, and I am not physically getting chemo. The picture on the beach is in January, a month before he was diagnosed. It is weird for me to look at this picture because the tumor was there at that point. In only a handful of months my little boy has aged so much, not only physically, but emotionally and spiritually as well!


These pictures are of our last stay. This first one is Spence waiting to get his line taken out.
After surgery, getting his line replaced.
Last week we had Starla. She is awesome. We had some kind of crazy things happen this visit and she made us feel comfortable and safe, plus she is a sister Southern California girl, so how can we not love her! She left us a cute little note when we were in surgery and her shift ended. We are lucky to be on such a great unit with so many great nurses, doctors, techs, etc, etc.

1 comment:

  1. You are an ANGEL. It was my pleasure to take care of you both. I hope I get the chance again (but only for PLANNED trips- no more unplanned ones!)

    I hope spencer is feeling great! It's his bday soon yes? or maybe it just passed? Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete