Sunday, January 9, 2011

Have I Told You Lately...

I do a lot of reflecting in the shower. Not sure why. It is one of the only times of the day that I am COMPLETELY ALONE without any children. It is quiet, and I can actually hear all of the thoughts in my head. These are the moments that I think about all that people have done for me and I come up with all of these elaborate plans to thank them. For those of you who know me personally, know that I am not a simply kind of folk. I like to make things bigger than life. I like to take my "could be" quiet life and fill with all kinds of projects, service, excitement, etc, etc. It's like I am afraid of simplifying. Well...one of the things that the Lord has been trying to teach me through this trial is to SIMPLIFY my life. I would love to do so many wonderful things for all of you who have done so much for me but I a) have no energy after all we have been through b) do not have enough time in my day to thank all of you the way I would love to and c) NEED TO LEARN TO CALM DOWN. This is my blog of gratitude to all of you. There are hundreds of you who have personally done specifically wonderful things for us. And although I would love to throw a big huge party for you all or create a fancy present, I just cannot at this time. I hope that you will take this blog and know that I think of you all individually. Not one act of kindness has gone unnoticed. I LOVE YOU. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU. FOR THINKING OF US. FOR DOING WHAT YOU DO. Please know that this is my eternal gesture of gratitude (I am using this word too much) for you and that you are wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. I understand. There isn't a way to adequately 'thank' anyone for such meaningful acts of kindness. I try with handwritten notes, which is very therapeutic for me, but it's still not enough, nothing is. I think we should do our best and then make sure we 'pay it forward' when the opportunity comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to know I am not the only one that enjoys my shower time. That is when I have my best thoughts. I now need to figure out how to remember my ideas when I get out. I am thinking of installing a wipe board in the shower. YOu are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly I know you will pay it all forward some day and it will be from your heart not out of obligation. As I am sure all the people who continue to help your family along this journey feel. They, We do it because we want to, not because we have to. The blessings that we get when we help you or others are truly more than any party or gift you can give. I want you to know that right now it is your turn to recieve and we are all better for it. You will have your turn Holly when the time is right. I want to thank you as you have no idea the joy I have felt by knowing I might have made some small difference in your trying days. The other day my daughter came up with this idea that she wanted to make a collage of pictures on a bulletin board. By herself she went through all her pictures she wanted printed and sent them over to walgreens. I was excited to see them all once we picked them up. As I browsed through all the cute ones of her with family and friends I came accross a picture of the Superspence logo and I wanted to cry. She wanted Spencer to be right up there with her most valued friends and family. A boy she has never met but knows he needs help. A boy that she prays for and seeks out ways to honor him. That my friend is a complete gift greater than anyone you could materially give. You see by letting us all in on your trial we have all gained more than you will ever know. We love you Holly and We love the Gooch family. So Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

    ReplyDelete