Thursday, July 15, 2010

So.

So. I have a lot of pictures to blog. I know that I have them and I have not been doing anything about it. I thought maybe I have been exhausted from my boot camp but really that is not it. I was thinking about it this morning and I decided that I am relishing this break. I feel that if I blog about cancer, then we have cancer. Does that make sense. Things are at a balance for the time being and I like it this way. We are feeling kind of normal. You know because feeding tubes, line flushes and bald 8 year olds are normal! We have adjusted things to our functioning and are doing quite well for the mean time. I am really learning to slow down and that has been a great blessing to all of us. I was able to make dinner for a friend's family this week, who was having a bad day and it felt so great to do something for someone else again. Especially for this friend who does so much for me everyday! I will work up the mind power, emotional strength and acceptance to start blogging again. I will make it a goal to post pictures this weekend. Today I am thankful for my health and my strength. This boot camp has built up my strength and makes me thankful for the ability to move and use my body.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are taking a well deserved break from blogging. I find myself checking it every day sometimes more than once because I know that I'm likely to see a fresh post, but it doesn't bother me when you take a break. Sometimes no news really is good news! Enjoy time off from cancer and enjoy normal. It's not a selfish thing, it's healthy. You need to take time to fill your bucket, so you have something to give. Balance! It takes constant adjustments, and you are doing that! Good girl! Enjoy life! We are supposed to.! My love and prayers to you all each day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly...I completely understand your emotions right now. I was able to serve a good friend last week and when she thanked me, I lost it...I was so emotional. You are so much like me....we find our happiness by serving others. We are so blessed to have been forced on our backs this year in different ways so that others have been able to serve us...but sometimes it is overwhelming and it makes my heart ache that I can't do anything. It felt so good to be able to serve others again. Sometimes it gives our hearts just enough of a boost that we are more prepared to allow others to serve us again, should it be necessary. Something I have learned, however, only because I have been told this can VERY READILY say the same to you....You ARE serving SO MANY..by your blog, by your example, by your faith. I always thought I had to do things, give things, help with things in order to serve. I didn't realize that serving was also simply LIVING the way I try to...which is EXACTLY what you do as well.

    I love you so much...I hope you know that. Don't worry about your blog...enjoy your break and your family. I found that at one point, I became a slave to my blog..and now I update when I can. It feels so much better to not have the anxiety about posting. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete