Monday, July 12, 2010

Beautiful Boy

This last weekend was wonderful. The whole thing was great. It has been a spiritual, emotional and fabulous few days. I have pictures back and will post them in the next few days. I just wanted to keep you all updated. Spence is doing well. His numbers are pretty low today. Of course we were in the middle of a movie, in a public place, with lots of germs when I got the results of his blood draw. We rushed home and are now quarantined for a few day until his counts begin to rise. His first scout day camp is this weekend and I am beginning to think that he may miss it. Life is definitely full of one disappointment after another but hopefully he will forget a lot of these little details. I am so thankful to be a mom. I love each one of my children for their differences and their quirkiness. I am thankful for life even when there are disappointments. I am thankful that my son is so brave that he can shake these disappointments off without too much heartache, because MY heart aches watching his disappointments. He is growing up. There is a lot of difference in him from the last five and a half months. He looks so grown up. His face is different. He is so beautiful. I watch him play video games and think about how good he looks. How lucky we are to see him look this good. I decided that I am going to change my banner on the blog because these pictures just do not look like my guy any longer. I want to update it with new "beautifully bald" pictures. We have this week off and then at the end of next week we will start up our clinic chemos. It feels so nice to be moving on in the treatment plan. Next week will be week 20, 7 weeks shy of our "half way point". This is a long road, but it is moving.

5 comments:

  1. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. Isn't it great to have all that behind you? Stay strong Spence! I know you will! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom works at Spencer's school as a Special Education Pre-school teacher. We have been following Spencer's story. I am the president of the University of Utah's Crimson Line (the drill team) and would love to stop by with some members of the team to visit Spencer when he is feeling well. Please e-mail me if you would like us to come rb_rogers@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, I still read your blog almost everyday and are so inspired by you and your family. Thank you for sharing this overwhelming trial in your lives with us. I feel so humbled by your faith and only hope to be as amazing as you and your family is someday. Tell spencer to stay strong and to keep on fighting until he has won.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, I just was introduced to your blog via Kyrsten T. (I have heard your name for years though) Thanks for sharing your story and you simply amaze me!!! I know you have a ton of family support but if you even need anything let me know! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete