Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Short and Sweet

Last night Spencer's ear really started hurting. He didn't eat dinner and was kind of lethargic. I just knew his temperature was going to rise. I checked it before I went to bed and it was low grade. Technically I am supposed to bring him in to the Emergency Department after hours, after an hour of a fever BUT with Nate being in Denver last night and his counts being normal, I decided I would wait until the morning. All night his temperature fluctuated between 100.5 and 101.2 and was the same this morning so I called the clinic and we are here now. Most likely he has an ear infection. Because of all of the buildup from his tumor it is hard to see into his ear so they were not able to tell that way. He is finishing up his dose of Rocephin and we will be able to go home. His counts have dropped a bunch just since yesterday afternoon but they are still normal enough for us to go home. It takes 24 hours to get blood cultures back, so if for some reason they come back positive we will be making a trip back here for a visit. Praying, praying, praying we do not have to come back. This visit was short and thankfully sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment