Thursday, December 23, 2010

LIfe.

Life is so short. We have no idea what it will bring to us on a second to second basis. Live your life in happiness, in gratitude and in service to the Lord. Nate is a loyal friend. He has a lot of really good friends and he treats them like gold. It is a good thing to have Nate as your friend. This morning he called me in tears. I started to freak out a little. Then he said that his good buddy, a work friend that he has talked about for years, a friend he spent all last week with during a business trip, had passed away this morning. My heart dropped into my stomach. He had been having some breathing problems, the doctors thought maybe sleep apnea and this morning his wife was not able to revive him. Two days before Christmas. He has two little boys. These are moments that you sit and think "Why Heavenly Father? Why?" It brings a deep sadness into your soul. It makes me thankful for the moments I have with my family, with Spencer. It makes me thankful to be able to appreciate the precious time I have with Spence, knowing that his life has been hanging in the balance. It would be devastating to have a child, a spouse, family die so quickly, without time to say goodbye, without time to say I love you. We are all human. We make mistakes. We get angry, we yell at our loved ones. We go to bed, to work, to school mad. What if we never had the chance to say "I am sorry" or "I love you" again. How devastating. Those little boys are so young they most likely will not remember their daddy the way they should. Life is so short. Please, please, please, be thankful for every moment, every relationship, every ounce of love you are able to feel in this life. We are so very lucky to have these things in our lives. Who cares if your husband forgot to take out the overflowing trash, or that your wife didn't hang up her towels, or that your kids didn't make their beds. Be anxious for the time they walk into the door and you can snuggle, rub footsies, give Eskimo kisses and say "i love you sooooo much". Please keep your prayers with the Williford family this Christmas holiday.

4 comments: