Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Horizon

I am starting to feel a little better. A little more myself. Spencer is able to go to the bathroom on his own at night, and it is not as frequent so I think we both have been sleeping better. It is amazing what sleep can do for you. We can see home on the horizon and I think that lifts both of our spirits. If things go as planned we are hoping to leave tomorrow. I was beginning to feel reclusive but now have an excitement of getting out into the real world and seeing some friends! I cannot even begin to thank all of you who have come to visit, or who have brought dinner to my family, or have joined in our fasts and prayers. We are so blessed to have you in our lives. I know I say that frequently but I want you all to know, friends, family, strangers, that we think about you constantly and feel so lucky to have you. I am so excited to go home. To be a family again. Gavin is not allowed on the unit because he is too young so Spence has gone almost two weeks without seeing him. Belle came to visit once but Spence was too drugged to remember so it will be nice to feel safe altogether once more! Here are some pics from this past weekend.


Spencer's platelets have been really low. Platelets are a clotting factor without them we bleed. Because of his low counts and his eyelashes falling out itching his eyes, they starting bleeding (gross I know) from his scratching. Cool pic, I think.
The Hymers, some of our favorite people, came to visit last night. Not only did they bring me dinner, they brought me TWO dinners to have later from Rumbi. He also got a new deck of cards (magic tricks coming soon).
We love you Noel family! Spence got a bunch of cool Silly Bandz. Isabelle is already trying to dibs them because the 100 they sent her weren't enough! These are all for Spence!
Corn dog! I was lucky to be able to spend some time with Jods, one of my really great friends on Friday. We let the kids play at Arctic Circle while we talked. It was totally what I needed.
When we were in PICU they put this cool name tag on his bed to warm things up a bit.
On our way to nasal biopsy, which by the way turned out to be negative for fungal infection.
Tired me waiting for him during the biopsy.
After biopsy, he was angry that I was trying to take a picture so he covered his face.
But I finally got one. As soon as we got back his vitals were normal, and have been since!
I forgot to blog this last time. I wish I got a picture with it all filled up but this beautiful emerald green fluid is what we suctioned from his bowels! Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Even exhausted you look amazing Holly! Glad things are starting to go better for Spencer.

    ReplyDelete